Job Title: Help Desk Specialist 2
Location: Columbia, MD
Shift: Hours may vary. Some shift work required.
Required Security Clearance : TS/SCI w/ FS Polygraph
- DoD 8570 Information Assurance Category IAT Level I or higher
- If candidates do not have certifications at this time, they will be given a period of 6 months to complete the needed certifications.
Description and Responsibilities:
- Provides 24x7 Help Desk support as defined by first response/Tier 2 support.
- Provides phone and in-person support to users in the areas of e-mail, LAN/WAN, directories, standard desktop images and applications, COTS and GOTS applications.
- Serves as the initial point of contact for troubleshooting all IT related problems, including hardware/software, passwords, and printer problems.
- Three (3) year demonstrated Help Desk experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Technical, Math or Business discipline from an accredited college or University is required. Two (5) years of Help Desk experience with an Associates or three (7) years’ experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree.
Work is typically based in a quiet office environment or electronics research lab. Business work hours for this position are based solely on the requirements of the program. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the workday.
Employment Type : Full Time
Federal Data Systems, LLC offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Federal Data Systems, LLC (FEDDATA) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. That does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.