Job Title: Network Engineering Advisor (F5)
Location: Annapolis Junction, MD
Shift: Immediate day shift position available
(Day shift, Monday thru Friday)
Must have the ability to work extended hours as needed
Required Security Clearance: TS/SCI - FULL SCOPE
Required Certifications: DoD 8570 Compliant (Security+ or higher)
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree in an IT related field (5 additional years of network engineering experience may be substituted for a degree)
Description and Responsibilities:
The role requires a technically savvy engineering expert who can troubleshoot existing complex F5 implementations and lead in the design and implementation of new enterprise-wide or global F5, GTM, LTM and BIG-IQ product deployments. A deep technical understanding of F5 Application Delivery Network technology pillars including availability, performance, and Security solutions.
• Act as technical SME when working with internal and external support personnel
• Assist with F5 capacity plans
• Assist F5 customer support in managing and solving critical customer escalations
• Identify and develop use cases for monitoring via NNMi and Splunk
• Analyze and evaluate anomalous network and system activity
• Strong understanding of enterprise and global strategies and technical challenge
• Assist in troubleshooting and problem solving a variety performance issues
• Coordinate requirements with users and suppliers
• Assist to optimize F5 service capabilities
• Assists with training other employees on a periodic basis
• Eagle Alliance’s engineering and management team will have access to phone support 24x7, 365 days a year via a local telephone number
Must meet contract level requirements for appropriate position. Candidate's experience should include a minimum of 7 yrs related experience OR equivalent combination of experience and education
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering is preferred (5 additional years of network engineering experience may be substituted for a degree).
• F5 LTM, GTM & BIG-IQ experience
• IAT level II/III certification as defined by DoD 8570.01-M is required.
• Experience with installation and configuration of any levels of network devices is a plus
• Security vulnerability management guidance
• Strong knowledge of TCP/IP, F5 application service support (VDI, Exchange, DNS etc.)
• Must be able to interface with vendor representatives for problem resolution.
Work is typically based in a quiet office environment or electronics research lab. Business work hours for this position are based solely on the requirements of the program. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the workday.
Employment Type: Part-Time
Federal Data Systems, LLC offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Federal Data Systems, LLC (FEDDATA) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. That does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.