Required Experience: Ten (10) or more years of working in the microelectronics or similar field.
Federal Data Systems is seeking a Microelectronics Research SME to support new corporate capabilities within the company. Qualified and accepted candidates will work on-site, providing support for various developmental requirements.
The Microelectronics Research SME conducts various forms of intelligence research into new and emerging microelectronic technologies. He/She will provide program management and government leads with deliverables based on tasking provided. Tasking where the Microelectronics Research SME’s skills will be utilized include, but are not limited to, knowledge of microelectronic research and development, optical microscope systems, hardware tamper devices, and communication security systems. Additionally, the Microelectronics Research SME will provide input for strategic and tactical decisions pertaining to their areas of expertise, as required.
Note: Occasional travel may be required while completing the duties associated with this position.
- Two (2) years' experience in the Intelligence Community (IC), including experience with requirements, CONOPS, and transition.
- Recent (within last 3 years) significant research experience in semiconductor electrical characterization and/or failure analysis.
- Recent (within last 3 years) management experience of failure analysis or integrated circuit verification research may be considered as a substitute.
- Experience assisting with research projects in a technical field.
- Experience developing technical forecasts and roadmaps for technical programs.
- Experience assisting program and project managers in preparing documentation on behalf of the program and evaluating technical research proposals.
- Educational background in computer science, mathematics, engineering, economics, information systems, physical, behavioral, psychological, neural, and/or physiological sciences.
- Demonstrates creative ability through problem solving, alternative solutions, scientific reports, or technical papers and articles.
- PhD with three (3) years' experience in either physics, mathematics, computer science, chemistry, biology, environmental science, or relevant engineering fields.
- Technical experience with Systems Engineering, Integrated Circuit Design, and/or Machine Learning.
Work is typically based in a quiet office environment or electronics research lab. Business work hours for this position are based solely on the requirements of the program. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the workday.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Part-Time
Federal Data Systems, LLC offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Federal Data Systems, LLC (FEDDATA) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. That does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.