Job Title: Senior Linux Middleware Engineer
Location: Arlington, VA
Shift: Day Shift
Required Security Clearance : Public Trust
Required Certifications : None required, Certified AWS Solutions Architect preferred
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in technology or the sciences, or industry-equivalent experience required.
The Linux Middleware Systems Engineer will work closely with the project manager, technical architecture team lead and share major responsibility in managing a Pega application deployed on JBoss 6 EAP.
The Linux Middleware Systems Engineer will provide the following:
- Install, configure and maintain JBoss EAP on Linux systems.
- Tune JBoss EAP parameters for optimal system performance.
- Deploy application packages / archives onto JBoss EAP. Support connectivity from end users and data sources, including AD SSO and federated sources.
- Implement and document the High Availability patterns of JBoss EAP to support both local failure and disaster recovery.
- Harden JBoss EAP to current enterprise security standards. Install routine security related patches.
- Perform task analyses to determine resources needed and supervise network and communications engineers and other personnel on the systems team.
- Manage CI/CD Pipelines to automate testing in every build cycle when new code is checked in and deployed
- Integrate Linux technology with other operating systems as appropriate.
- Develop plans and perform/supervise diverse assignments of advanced complexity.
3-5 years of experience in Linux internals.
5-8 years of experience administering JBoss Enterprise Application Platform (EAP) or similar middleware application.
Must be skilled in Linux command line utilities and automation scripting.
Must be highly experienced in designing complex systems and producing formal implementation plans.
Must have hands on experience with JBoss EAP clustering and advanced configurations.
Must have skills in JBoss 6.x / 7.x EAP application server installation, configuration, administration and troubleshooting.
Must be highly proficient in DevOps tools and a working knowledge of CI/CD pipeline management.
US Citizen Required
- An understanding of DevOps best practices
- Ansible playbook experience
- Experience with the Agile development process
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Bash / shell scripting experience
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins.
- A general understanding of Oracle SQL Database queries.
- Experience administering Pega Platform.
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time / Exempt
Federal Data Systems, LLC offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Federal Data Systems, LLC (FEDDATA) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. That does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.