Job Title: Senior UNIX Middleware Engineer
Location: Washington, DC
Shift: N/A (Insert Days and Hours here when known)
Required Security Clearance: None, Public Trust preferred
Required Certifications: None
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in technology or the sciences, or industry-equivalent experience required.
Required Experience: At least 8 years of experience in UNIX/Linux internals and administration in multiple UNIX environments, including but not limited to AIX and Linux.
At least 5 years of experience administering Oracle Weblogic or similar middleware application.
The Senior UNIX Middleware Engineer will work closely with the Infrastructure Architecture team lead, and share major responsibility in managing the systems team and scheduling assignments.
The Senior UNIX Middleware Engineer will provide the following:
- Act as systems architect/team leader in multi-engineer teams in support of networking and communications projects.
- Assume primary responsibility for system design and implementation; and consult with clients to determine needs and meet with clients on an on-going basis throughout system development.
- Perform task analyses to determine resources needed and supervise network and communications engineers and other personnel on the systems team.
- Integrate UNIX technology with other operating systems as appropriate.
- Develop plans and perform/supervise diverse assignments of advanced complexity.
Must be skilled in Linux and AIX.
Must be highly experienced in designing complex systems and producing formal implementation plans.
Must have hands on experience with Weblogic clustering and advanced configurations.
Must have skills in Weblogic-11g /12c application server installation, configuration, administration and troubleshooting.
Must have experience with system network architecture, software protocols, and interfaces.
Must understand client/server relationship, and peripheral equipment associated with complete system integration.
- Experience with Oracle Internet Directory (OID)
- Experience with DevOps best practices
- Experience developing or administering Pega Platform.
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time
Federal Data Systems, LLC offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Federal Data Systems, LLC (FEDDATA) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. That does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.