Job Title Systems/Software Engineer IV
Location: Annapolis Junction, MD / Fort Meade MD
Required Security Clearance: TS//SCI with Polygraph
Required Certifications: N/A
Required Education: Bachelor of Science (BS) degree. Technical Degree.
- Ten (10) years of experience as a Software Engineer and/or Systems Engineer in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity is required. Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of additional SE experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree.
Federal Data Systems is seeking a Software/Systems Engineer to support Puppet and Software Defined Networking efforts for an Intelligence Community customer at Fort Meade, MD. Candidate will also provide support to Designated Camel Hump 1 (DCH1) on a part-time basis. Qualified and accepted candidates will work on-site, supporting the contract designing systems and developing software to support customer requirements.
The Systems/Software Engineer will:
- Analyzes user’s requirements, concept of operations documents, and high-level system architectures to develop system requirements specifications. Analyzes system requirements and leads design and development activities. Guides users in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches and conducts feasibility studies.
- Provides technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design, and technology. Incorporates new plans, designs, and systems into on-going operations.
- Develops technical documentation. Develops system architecture and system design documentation.
- Develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements.
- Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolves software problem reports. Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment.
- Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
- Provide technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of all components of complex hardware/software systems to include requirements elicitation, analysis and functional allocation, conducting systems requirements reviews, developing concepts of operation and interface standards, developing system architectures, and performing technical/non-technical assessment and management as well as end-to-end flow analysis;
- Develop comprehensive SOA solutions; Develop operational view, technical standards view, and system and services view for architectures using applicable DoDAF standards;
- Conduct and/or approve end-to-end system trade analyses to optimize system operations over its life-cycle through the proper balance of non-functional system performance areas; Improve standard integration strategies based upon rationale for previous decisions that resulted in improved integration performance
- Fully define interfaces in terms of origination, destination, stimulus, and data characteristics for software, and electrical and mechanical characteristics for hardware; Use validated models, simulations, and prototyping to mitigate risk and reduce cost of system development;
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, confer with users or system engineers; analyze systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigate problem areas;
- Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project; Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance;
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design; Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries.
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the work day.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time / Exempt
Federal Data Systems, LLC offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Federal Data Systems, LLC (FEDDATA) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. That does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.