Job Title: Senior Systems Engineer SME
Location: Ft. Meade, MD
Required Security Clearance: TS//SCI with CI Polygraph
- CCNA and Security + or greater IAT Level II certification
Required Education: BS in a technical discipline, or 4 years additional experience can be substituted for a degree.
- Shall have experience with IP networking utilizing Juniper and CISCO hardware and all types of SNMP and H.323 protocols.
- Design experience for global enterprise networks, to include QoS implementation on IP networks and ATM technologies (OC3, OC12, GIG B/E, T1 DS3 and Metro E)
- CISCO ethernet switch layer 2 technologies and be able to understand and configure switch ports to manage VLANs on CISCO devices and PVCs/SPVC on Marconi switches
- Hands-on experience with intergration of CISCO infrastructure and encryption devices, including Fastlane, Taclane, and other HAIPE devices like the KIV-7M and MIP.
Federal Data Systems requires a senior Systems Engineer with a history of working with CISCO and Juniper platforms.
Performs as subject matter expert on all systems Engineer related projects and issues with troubleshooting network issues based on a variety of tools & methods. Packet captures, monitoring tools, CISCO IOS and WAN/LAN infrastructure are main areas of focus for this position.
- Bachelor or Master's degree with 4 to 8+ years of experience, or,
- Specialized training and 10 years' experience, or Credentialed subject matter expert.
- Time to Productivity: Senior-level contractor personnel work independently with minimal Government oversight.
Working Conditions: 8 hour day office environment
Physical Requirements: None
Background Screening/Check/Investigation: Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation may be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Exempt / Full Time
Federal Data Systems, LLC offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Federal Data Systems, LLC (FEDDATA) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. That does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.