Job Title: Network Engineer SME
Location: Ft. Meade, MD
Required Security Clearance: TS//SCI with CI Polygraph
- CCNP (Routing & Switching preferred)
- Security + or greater IAT Level II certification
Required Education: BS or MS in a technical discipline, or 2 years additional experience can be substituted for a degree.
- 8 years of qualified experience.
- Shall have experience with Firewall appliances (VPN Concentrator and Adaptive Security. Appliance) and familiarity of layer-2 and layer-3 VPNs.
- Knowledge of EIGRP, OSP, BGP/MP-BGP, and MPLS routing protocols.
- Knowledge of latest CISCO and Juniper routing and switching platforms.
- Experience with LAN/WAN design implementation.
Federal Data Systems requires a senior Network Engineer with a history of working with CISCO and Juniper platforms.
- Performs as subject matter expert on all Network Engineer related projects and issues with troubleshooting network issues based on a variety of tools & methods.
- Operate, maintain and ensure availability of the Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN) infrastructure
- Packet captures, monitoring tools, CISCO IOS and WAN/LAN infrastructure are main areas of focus for this position.
- Ability to design & support WAN & LAN connectivity to multiple data centers.
- Design, implement, troubleshoot, and document Cisco based secure networks and related systems.
- Analyze enterprise capabilities.
- Troubleshoot complex problems which access high level applications and business systems.
See Experience required
Preferences: CCNP Routing and Switching
Working Conditions: 8 hour day office environment.
Physical Requirements: None
Background Screening/Check/Investigation: Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation may be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Exempt / Full time
Federal Data Systems, LLC offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Federal Data Systems, LLC (FEDDATA) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. That does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.