Job Title: Senior Network Engineer
Location: 9045 Junction Dr. Annapolis Junction MD
Required Security Clearance: N/A, preferred any clearance level
Required Certifications: Current CCNP Wireless Certification or above
Required Education: Bachelor of Arts (BA)/Bachelor of Science (BS) degree or equivalent experience
Required Experience: 3 to 5 years of experience managing Cisco networks
Federal Data Systems is seeking a CCNP Wireless certified professional to support our corporate IT infrastructure.
- Work closely with the IT staff to develop functional wireless requirements.
- Coordinate and implement Cisco wireless solutions in test and production environments.
- Able to display past and current experiences as a Wireless Professional.
- Performs day to day activities to manage wireless services, such as design, implementation, to include troubleshooting of complex wireless issues.
- Manages all components of the Cisco wireless network, to include access point, controllers, and management systems.
- Configures and manages mobility services.
- Effectively communicate with third parties such as security groups, partners and customers regarding technical issues and customer service inquires, both orally and in writing.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot wireless, security, switching, and other various network related issues report by the company, partners and or customers.
- Own each customer case from initial creation to escalation.
- Collaborate with other support team members to fix wireless devices, outages, misconfigurations and complex issues.
- Responsible for escalation support, Root Cause Determination leadership, network documentation and assessments.
- Used acquired knowledge to suggest, edit, and write in-depth Knowledge Base articles.
- Use related experiences to manage wireless networks and Wi-Fi design and various wireless arrays
- CCNP Wireless Professional or CCIE Wireless.
Preferences: any clearance level.
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the work day.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time / Exempt
Federal Data Systems, LLC offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Federal Data Systems, LLC (FEDDATA) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. That does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.