Job Title: Site Reliability Engineer
Location: Fort Meade, MD
Required Security Clearance: TS//SCI with Polygraph
Required Certifications: No certifications are required for this position.
Required Education: No degree is required for this position. However, a technical bachelor’s degree is considered equivalent to two (2) years of experience. A technical master’s counts as four (4).
Required Experience: Five (5) + years of software development/engineering experience, to include requirements analysis, software installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, diagnosis, and problem resolution.
Federal Data Systems is seeking a Site Reliability Engineer with a background working with an interest in maintaining, troubleshooting, and improving production systems in a Linux Environment. Qualified and accepted candidates will be working on a task with the goal of improving availability, latency, performance, and capacity
The Site Reliability Engineer will:
· Work with production deployments consisting of Kubernetes clusters running Spring Boot Java microservices.
· Improve systems capabilities in a Kubernetes environment.
· Implement and support solutions in a production environment.
· Log, monitor, and develop service metrics.
· One (1) year of system engineering/architecture experience.
· One (1) year of working with products that support highly distributed, massively parallel computation.
· One (1) year of writing software automation scripts. (Perl, Python, Ruby)
· Cloud Systems Administrator or Developer Certification.
· One (1) year of experience in a cleared environment
· One (1) year of experience managing and monitoring large cloud systems (200+ nodes)
· One (1) year experience developing software for one of the following:
o UNIX, or
o Linux OS.
· One (1) year experience in developing system performance, availability, scalability, manageability, and security requirements for mid-to-large scale programs.
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the work day.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time
Federal Data Systems, LLC offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Federal Data Systems, LLC (FEDDATA) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. That does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.