Job Title: Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE) 2
Location: Ft. Meade, MD
Required Security Clearance: TS//SCI with Polygraph
• CISSP or IASAE Level 2 Cert
Required Education: Bachelors degree in technical field or 4 extra years of experience in lieu of degree.
· Participate as a security engineering representative on engineering teams for the design, development, implementation and/or integration of secure networking, computing, and enclave environments.
· Participate as a security engineering representative on engineering teams for the design, development, implementation and/or integration of IA architectures, systems, or system components.
· Participate as the primary security engineering representative on engineering teams for the design, development, implementation, evaluation, and/or integration of secure networking, computing, and enclave environments.
· Participate as the primary security engineering representative on engineering teams for the design, development, implementation, evaluation, and/or integration of IA architectures, systems, or system components.
· Support the Government in the enforcement of the design and implementation of trusted relationships among external systems and architectures.
· Apply knowledge of IA policy, procedures, and workforce structure to design, develop, and implement secure networking, computing, and enclave environments.
· Support security planning, assessment, risk analysis, and risk management.
· Identify overall security requirements for the proper handling of Government data.
Federal Data Systems requires a senior level ISSE to perform, or review, technical security assessments of computing environments to identify points of vulnerability, non-compliance with established Information Assurance (IA) standards and regulations, and recommend mitigation strategies. Validates and verifies system security requirements definitions and analysis and establishes system security designs. Designs, develops, implements and/or integrates IA and security systems and system components including those for networking, computing, and enclave environments to include those with multiple enclaves and with differing data protection/classification requirements. Builds IA into systems deployed to operational environments. Assists architects and systems developers in the identification and implementation of appropriate information security functionality to ensure uniform application of Agency security policy and enterprise solutions. Supports the building of security architectures. Enforce the design and implementation of trusted relations among external systems and architectures. Assesses and mitigates system security threats/risks throughout the program life cycle. Contributes to the security planning, assessment, risk analysis, risk management, certification and awareness activities for system and networking operations. Reviews certification and accreditation (C&A) documentation, providing feedback on completeness and compliance of its content. Applies system security engineering expertise in one or more of the following to : system security design process; engineering life cycle; information domain; cross domain solutions; commercial off-the-shelf and government off-the-shelf cryptography; identification; authentication; and authorization; system integration; risk management; intrusion detection; contingency planning; incident handling; configuration control; change management; auditing; certification and accreditation process; principles of IA (confidentiality, integrity, non-repudiation, availability, and access control); and security testing. Support security authorization activities in compliance with NSA/CSS Information System Certification and Accreditation Process (NISCAP) and DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP) process, the NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF) process, and prescribed NSA/CSS business processes for security engineering.
Performs as an Information System Security Engineer Level 2 expertise to optimize our Intelligence Customer’s enterprise protection posture performing certification and accreditation and developing Security Plans.
· Fourteen (14) years’ experience as an ISSE on programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Security System Engineering, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
· DoD 8570.01-M compliance with IASAE Level 2 is required CISSP Certification is required. Four (4) years of ISSE experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
Working Conditions: 8 hour day office environment.
Physical Requirements: None
Background Screening/Check/Investigation: may be decided by the company.
Employment Type: Exempt / Full Time
Federal Data Systems, LLC offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Federal Data Systems, LLC (FEDDATA) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. That does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.