Job Title: Information Systems Security Officer 3
Location: Ft. Meade, MD
Required Security Clearance: TS//SCI with Polygraph
Required Certifications: Security +CE or any other DOD 8570 IAM Level 1 qualifying certification
Required Education: BS in a technical discipline, or 4 years additional experience can be substituted for a degree.
· Provide support to senior ISSOs for implementing, and enforcing information systems security policies, standards, and methodologies
· Assist in the evaluation of security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information
· Assist with the CM for information system security software, hardware, and firmware
· Assist with preparation and maintenance of documentation
· Maintain records on workstations, servers, routers, firewalls, intelligent hubs, network switches, etc. to include system upgrades
· Evaluate security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information
· Propose, coordinate, implement, and enforce information systems security policies, standards, and methodologies
· Maintain operational security posture for an information system or program
· Provide support to the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) for maintaining the appropriate operational IA posture for a system, program, or enclave
· Develop and maintain documentation for C&A in accordance with ODNI and DoD policies
· Develop and update the system security plan and other IA documentation Provide CM for security-relevant information system software, hardware, and firmware
· Assist with the management of security aspects of the information system and perform day-to-day security operations of the system
· Develop system security policy and ensures compliance
· Administer the user identification and authentication mechanism of the Information System (IS) Plan and coordinate the IT security programs and policies
· Manage and control changes to the system and assessing the security impact of those changes
· Obtain C&A for ISs under their purview
· Provide support for a program, organization, system, or enclave’s information assurance program
· Serve as the Approval Authority for ISs under their control
· Interact with customers, IT staff, and high-level corporate officers to define and achieve required IA objectives
· Provide daily oversight and direction to contractor ISSOs
· Serve as an ISSM
Federal Data Systems requires an Information Systems Security Provides support for a program, organization, system, or enclave’s information assurance program. Provides support for proposing, coordinating, implementing, and enforcing information systems security policies, standards, and methodologies. Maintains operational security posture for an information system or program to ensure information systems security policies, standards, and procedures are established and followed. Assists with the management of security aspects of the information system and performs day-to-day security operations of the system. Evaluate security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information.
The ISSO will Performs vulnerability/risk assessment analysis to support certification and accreditation. Provides configuration management (CM) for information system security software, hardware, and firmware. Manages changes to system and assesses the security impact of those changes. Prepares and reviews documentation to include System Security Plans (SSPs), Risk Assessment Reports, Certification and Accreditation (C&A) packages, and System Requirements Traceability Matrices (SRTMs). Supports security authorization activities in compliance with NSA/CSS Information System Certification and Accreditation Process (NISCAP) and DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP).
· 15 (Fifteen (15) years’ experience as an ISSO on programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
· DoD 8570 compliance with Information Assurance Management (IAM) Level I or higher is required.
· Four (4) years of additional experience as an ISSO may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
· Experience is to include at least three (3) of the following areas:
o knowledge of current security tools,
o hardware/software security implementation;
o communication protocols;
o and encryption techniques/tools.
Working Conditions: 8 hour day office environment
Physical Requirements: None
Employment Type: Exempt
Federal Data Systems, LLC offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Federal Data Systems, LLC (FEDDATA) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. That does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.