Job Title: System Administrator 4
Location: Ft. Meade, MD
Required Security Clearance: TS//SCI with Polygraph
Required Certifications: IAT Level 2 (i.e Sec +, CySA+)
Required Education: Bachelors’ Degree.
· Requires seven (7) years of experience working on Federal Government contracts
· Requires three (3) years of experience working as a system administrator of similar systems
· Requires system administrator experience in performing triage on system problems, resolving the system problems, analyzing system data to prevent problems, and implementing new workstations and system extensions
· Requires a bachelor's degree in a technical discipline with five (5) to seven (7) years of experience or three (3) to five (5) with a Master's degree.
· Requires a valid driver's license.
Federal Data Systems a System Administrator that will be responsible for the administration of both developmental and operational environments of global, mission critical systems. The SA team manages all aspects of the complex physical security backend systems including network, operating system, hardware, and software administration necessary to meet stringent service level agreements for mission up time. The SA 4 will communicate with team members, customers, and mission stakeholders as well as manufacturers, vendors and technical specialists to provide tier 3 support to resolve complex system issues for physical security systems and networks. The SA will analyze system performance and functional requirements to develop and maintain system architecture of large-scale enterprise systems.
The SA will implement system management, software deployment, and system update tool suites to automate system administration. The SA will implement system health monitoring using system management tool suites to monitor/perform preventative and predictive maintenance activities including system back-ups, error log aggregation/monitoring, database size and integrity checks, etc. The SA will organize and prepare detailed documentation of system architecture, system configuration, and change requests utilizing system management tools to maintain system configuration baselines.
· Experience with one of more of the following:
· System architecture and design in high availability Windows Environments
· Architecting, Installing, configuring, and/or managing virtualization platforms (e.g. ESXi, Hyper-V, Nutanix)
· Administering Windows Server Update Services (WSUS), Windows Deployment Services (WDS), Active Directory (AD), Internet Information Services (IIS)
· Administering or leveraging IT automation tools such as System Center, SolarWinds
· Administering Red Hat, CentOS, SUSE or other Linux environments
· Certification in Lenel OnGuard
· Scripting system administration tasks using Windows PowerShell, Python, etc.
· Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2012 or greater (e.g. installation, backups, high availability)
· Dell Storage Area Networks, Brocade and Cisco network equipment
· Configuring and managing Windows domains (Active Directory, Group Policy, etc.)
· Configuring network components (switches, firewalls, etc,)
· Citrix VDI * Applying STIGs/SCAP Compliance Checker
· This position may require ongoing or intermittent use of a company vehicle. Selected candidates must possess an acceptable driving record in accordance to our policy
Preferences: Red Hat or Linux experience
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
Physical Requirements: None
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-Time
Federal Data Systems, LLC offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Federal Data Systems, LLC (FEDDATA) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. That does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.