Job Title: System Administrator 3
Location: Ft. Meade, MD
Required Security Clearance: TS//SCI with Polygraph
Required Certifications: IAT Level 2 (i.e Sec+ CE, CySA+)
Required Education: Bachelors’ Degree.
· Requires (5) to (7) years of experience working on Federal Government contracts.
· Requires three (3) years of experience working as a system administrator of similar systems.
· Requires system administrator experience in performing triage of system problems, resolving system problems, analyzing system data to prevent problems, and implementing new workstations and system extensions.
· Requires a bachelor's degree in a technical discipline with five (5) to seven (7) years of experience or three (3) to five (5) with a Master's degree .
· Requires reliable attendance at customer site during work hours required by customer * Requires minimal travel.
· Requires a valid driver's license.
Federal Data seeks a System Administrator (SA) 3 who will be responsible for administration of both developmental and mission critical operational environments of global, mission critical systems. The SA team manages all aspect of the complex physical security backend systems including network, operating system, hardware, and software administration necessary to meet stringent service level agreements for up time. The SA will communicate with team members, customers and mission stakeholders as well as manufacturers, vendors and technical specialists to provide tier 2 support to resolve complex system issues for physical security systems and networks. The SA will analyze system performance and recommend improvements including upgrades, configuration changes, hardware replacements, etc.
The SA will perform desktop and server hardware and operating system provisioning and configuration, software deployment, and system updates. The SA will monitor system health using the system management tool suite and will monitor/perform preventative and predictive maintenance activities including system back-ups, error log reviews, database size and integrity checks, etc. The SA will organize and prepare detailed documentation of system performance, including service request records, and analysis utilizing system management tools to maintain system configuration baselines.
· Experience with one of more of the following:
· Installing, configuring, and/or managing virtualization platforms (e.g. ESXi, Hyper-V, Nutanix)
· Administering Windows Server Update Services (WSUS), Windows Deployment Services (WDS), Active Directory (AD), Internet Information Services (IIS)
· Administering or leveraging IT automation tools such as System Center, SolarWinds
· Administering Red Hat, CentOS, SUSE or other Linux environments
· Certification in Lenel OnGuard
· Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2012 or greater (e.g. installation, backups, high availability)
· Dell Storage Area Networks, Brocade and Cisco network equipment
· Configuring and managing Windows domains (Active Directory, Group Policy, etc.)
· Configuring network components (switches, firewalls, etc,) * Citrix VDI * Applying STIGs/SCAP Compliance Checker
Preferences: Red Hat or Linux experience
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
Physical Requirements: None
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-Time
Federal Data Systems, LLC offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Federal Data Systems, LLC (FEDDATA) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. That does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.