Job Title: Senior HBSS Engineer
Location: Alexandria, VA
Shift: Days M-F
Required Security Clearance: TS
Required Certifications: DoD IAT Level III and DoD CSSP Infrastructure Support
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in technology or the sciences, additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
· 5+ years’ or more working with DoD mandated End Point security technologies.
· Experience in Host Based Security Systems (HBSS) engineering.
· 5 years’ experience working with ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO).
The Senior Host Based Security System (HBSS) Engineer will provide services in support of the Joint Service Provider (JSP), EndPoint Security Team. You will provide operational and technical engineering support for the implementation, testing, integration, interoperability, and sustainment of information technologies comprising the JSP Enterprise capabilities. You will support and direct engineering decisions, testing, and provide technical support.
The scopes of the DCO IDM tasks are functionally grouped by EndPoint Security, Network Security, and Incident Handling. The Endpoint Security team schedule is M-F 0600-1800 with on-call requirements.
· Experience with managing, deploying, and troubleshooting HBSS clients.
· Configure, operate, and maintain JSP mandated Host Based Security System (HBSS), and on components for Windows, Solaris, and Linux systems.
· Perform system design and enterprise sustainment document reviews.
· Demonstrated experience with managing and troubleshooting ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO).
· Perform system administration on HBSS servers, including ePO upgrades and client product patches.
· Perform vulnerability scans as well as troubleshoot and fix scan issues.
· Evaluate input/output processes and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
· Demonstrated experience with multiple network security zones, sub-netting, VRFs, and VLANs.
· Follow JSP’s HBSS SOPs, implementation plan, overall architecture and how JSP will ensure HBSS will be fully operationalized in accordance with CYBERCOM direction.
· Develop HBSS NIPRNet and SIPRNet network diagrams.
· Identify the gaps in knowledge and appropriate skill sets required and establish all training requirements through policy unless superseded by DoD mandates.
· Identify the various entities/sub groups of the organization’s operating domain(s).
· Review existing documentation and plans, as well as new draft documentation, to ensure they accurately detail the implementation of HBSS capabilities within the JSP Enterprise.
· Ability to deploy platform specific HBSS products to the correct HBSS clients.
· Ability to create and access dashboards, create queries and utilize the Servers to monitor all the HBSS clients assigned.
· Conducts certification test analysis and technical evaluations for vulnerabilities and must possess the ability to recommend and apply security countermeasures to mitigate identified risks.
· HBSS DoD configuration experience.
· Experience with ACAS, SCVVI/SCRI, WSUS Remediation, DISA STIG and SRR scripts.
· McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator, McAfee Virus Scan Enterprise, McAfee Host Intrusion Prevention and/or McAfee Rouge Systems Administrator experience.
· Network Engineering experience preferred.
· DISA Host-Based Security System Training preferred.
· Experience in Linux administration (a plus), preferred
· DoD Experience
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the work day.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time
Federal Data Systems, LLC offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Federal Data Systems, LLC (FEDDATA) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. That does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.