Job Title: Junior Software Engineer
Location: Jessup, MD
Required Security Clearance: TS//SCI with Polygraph
Required Certifications: This position does not require certifications.
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science is required.
Required Experience: 6+ months working directly with Java development and Linux systems.
The Software Engineer will be a part of a dynamic team responsible for designing, building, testing, and implementing enhancements to complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements. The developer is expected to work with the functional team to create technical designs, create code to build functionality, test the functionality to ensure that it meets defined criteria, and work with the deployment team to implement the functionality.
The Junior Software Engineer will:
· Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
· Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features
· Debug existing software and correct defects
· Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
· Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories
· Provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Extensive experience with the Java programming language.
· Experience with any of the following: ReST, JMS Querying, GIT/SVN, MAVEN, Docker, Camunda, OpenShift, Tomcat, and Netica
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the work day.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time
Federal Data Systems, LLC offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Federal Data Systems, LLC (FEDDATA) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. That does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.