Job Title: Senior SCCM Administrator
Location: Arlington, VA
Shift: Days M-F
Required Security Clearance: TS
Required Certifications: DoD IAT Level II
Required Education: None
Required Experience: see Required Qualifications
The Senior SCCM Administrator will operate as part of a team providing administrative and support functions to a large enterprise environment consisting predominantly of VMware and Microsoft systems. This includes planning, analysis, troubleshooting, integration, installation, operations and maintenance of SCCM Administrator and support infrastructure. The ideal candidate will have strong critical thinking skills.
· Manage, operate, and maintain multiple SCCM infrastructures for over 30,000 clients.
· Perform patch management, application packaging and distribution, and operating system deployment (OSD).
· Analyze vulnerability reports from multiple sources and implement solutions to resolve outstanding findings.
· Create and administer advertisements, programs, collections, virtual applications, reports and queries in System Center Configuration Manager
· Troubleshoot failed systems management deployments and repair client health issues.
· Perform daily SCCM infrastructure and client health monitoring and repair issues.
· Provide accurate and timely logging of all problems, requests and resolutions in ticketing system.
· Maintain, update, and troubleshoot workstation images and task sequences within SCCM Operating System Deployment.
· 4+ years of relevant hands-on SCCM administration experience
· Knowledge of SCCM server roles and functions
· Knowledge and understanding of the following SCCM concepts and features:
· Applications and Packages and use case for each
· Application and package creation and deployment process
· Collections and methods for population
· Deployments including targeting, scheduling and user experience options
· Software Updates and patch deployment process
· Operating System Deployment and Task Sequences
· Maintenance windows
· SCCM log files purposes and locations
· Client health and deployment troubleshooting
· Query creation and reporting
· Scripting experience with batch, vbs and PowerShell
· Knowledge and experience with the following Windows technologies:
· Event logs and remote management
· Active Directory
· Background using Windows Server 2008/2012
· Understand Microsoft-centric infrastructure
· Working knowledge of Remedy
· Familiarity with Active Directory, DNS, and Group Policy administration
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the work day.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time
Federal Data Systems, LLC offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Federal Data Systems, LLC (FEDDATA) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. That does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.