Job Title: Senior Systems Administrator
Location: Arlington, VA
Required Security Clearance: TS
Required Certifications: DoD IAT Level II and (MCP/MCSA) – Microsoft Certified Professional/Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate.
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or other related discipline or a combination of education, training, experience or certification that provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities may be substituted for the degree.
Required Experience: see Required Qualifications
The Senior Systems Administrator will perform day-to-day operational tasks to ensure the Windows servers and virtual server environment are operating appropriately, are available to support the business needs, and that any operational issues are proactively resolved.
Other routine work includes creation of server configurations and server deployment, operating system and security software upgrades and patching, system documentation, creation of training materials, and responding to escalated end user requests. The individual responsible for assisting in the development of service capacity, availability, and demand management plans for assigned systems and the development of business continuity and disaster recovery plans needed to support the business and process operations.
The Senior Systems Administrator works to ensure systems implemented to support business and operational needs are sustainable through documented change, incident, problem, and service request management processes based upon ITIL best practices. Duties will include monitoring system operations, life-cycle and asset management, vendor coordination, and cooperative participation with customers and partners to promote continuous service improvement.
· Provide Tier III IT support for core services such as: File Share, Network Connectivity, VPN, Print Services, web services, eVault, Microsoft Exchange Services, etc.
· Troubleshoot and resolve Tier III tickets
· Provide support to JNOSC and other system owners with outages that are related to core services and provide updates to contract/government management and JNOSC
· Coordinate with Problem Management in identifying problem and trends to reduce incidents
· Monitor System Center Operation Manager (SCOM) and Aternity along with other network monitoring applications
· Able to display multi-tasking competency
· Solve complex problems in a complex, large-scale, and multi datacenter environments
· Installation, configuration, administration and troubleshooting Microsoft products
· Perform advanced server administration duties
· Working remedy incidents related to server issues
· Troubleshooting issues related to server performance
· Create and maintain appropriate technical documentation associated with enterprise projects and systems
· Support operational transition of enterprise solutions into productions
· Collaborate, document, and share information to improve the team toward providing outstanding customer support
· 5+ years of relevant hands-on system administration experience managing all technical aspects of Active Directory infrastructure, Windows servers (2003, 2008, 2012) and AD governance models for a large, complex, distributed enterprise-level organization, VMware, SAN storage, database systems, MS Exchange.
· Background using Windows Server 2008/2012
· Familiarity with Active Directory, DNS, and Group Policy administration
· Skilled in planning and executing maintenance activities
· Understand Microsoft-centric infrastructure
· Working knowledge of Remedy
· Knowledge of enterprise IT services and technologies, including networking systems and protocols, directory services, configuration management, and cloud platforms
· Outstanding customer service with strong communication skills, sound judgment, negotiating, and decision making skills
· Experience VMware, DNS/DHCP, File/Print Services, scripting, and VNX desired
· Basic knowledge of Power Shell and command scripts
· PKI familiarity
· Power CLI
· Storage administration
· Patch management and reporting
· Excellent customer service skills
· Able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
· Strong verbal and written communication
· Proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel 2010
· Experience using enterprise management and monitoring tools; VMware vCenter Configuration Manager
· Knowledge of and application of ITILv3 Framework methodologies, specifically Service Operations and Continuous Service Improvement.
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the work day.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time
Federal Data Systems, LLC offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Federal Data Systems, LLC (FEDDATA) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. That does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.