Job Title: Junior Systems Administrator
Location: Arlington, VA
Shift: Days M-F
Required Security Clearance: TS
Required Certifications: DoD IAT Level II
Required Education: None
Required Experience: see Required Qualifications
The Junior Systems Administrator will perform day-to-day operational tasks to ensure the Windows servers and virtual server environment are operating appropriately, are available to support the business needs, and that any operational issues are proactively resolved.
· Provide Tier III IT support for core services such as: File Share, Network Connectivity, VPN, Print Services, web services, eVault, Microsoft Exchange Services, etc.
· Troubleshoot and resolve Tier III tickets
· MS Windows Server 2008/2012 installation, configuration and system administration
· Working Remedy incidents and requests related to server issues
· Utilize and analyze various monitoring tools
· Assist with reporting, tracking and resolving server outages.
· Able to display multi-tasking competency
· 1-3 years of relevant hands-on system administration experience
· Background using Windows Server 2008/2012
· Understand Microsoft-centric infrastructure
· Working knowledge of Remedy
· Familiarity with Active Directory, DNS, and Group Policy administration
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the work day.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time
Federal Data Systems, LLC offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Federal Data Systems, LLC (FEDDATA) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. That does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.