Job Title: Network Engineer 3
Location: Ft. Meade, MD
Required Security Clearance: TS//SCI with Polygraph
• Contractor shall currently possess and maintain one of the following certifications:
-Cisco Certified Network Professional – (CCNP) Routing and Switching
-Cisco Certified Network Professional – (CCNP) Security
- Cisco Certified Network Professional – (CCNP) Voice
Required Education: BS in a technical discipline, or 5 years additional experience can be substituted for a degree.
· Conduct complex network problem analysis; resolve complex network and telecommunications problems.
· Research, recommend, and evaluate network performance, optimization, and security solutions.
· Optimize end-to-end network system performance and traffic flow management.
· Minimize network latency and maximize data throughput through problem analysis and use of network performance analytic tools.
· Assist system engineers and cross organizational teams to formulate solutions in response to mission requirements.
· Design and verify network solutions to support requirements for routing protocols, policy-based routing, traffic shaping, border gateway protocols, tunneling IP Security, network address translations, network security, firewall contexts, load-balancing, latency, data throughput, WAN acceleration, and monitoring.
· Introduce and integrate new network and telecommunications technologies.
· Provide guidance and leadership to Level 0-2 network engineers.
· Verify and validate activities of Level 0-2 network engineers, ensure approved methods and procedures are followed.
Federal Data Systems requires a Network Engineer with a background in CISCO, VOIP, VTC, and other network operations. The Network engineer will assist in managing key network functions in a secure facility and maintain, upgrade existing network designs and architectures.
The Network Engineer provides assistance in all aspects of network management from network design through implementation, maintenance, and upgrading of existing networks; Analyzes design, specifications, and related documents; Implements communication system requirements to support the distributed functionality of a software engineering environment; Analyzes network characteristics (e.g. traffic connect time, transmission speeds, packet sizes and throughput), troubleshoots problems and recommends procurement of and/or modifications to network components.
· Fifteen (15) years’ experience as a Network Engineer in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
· Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
· Five (5) additional years of experience in Network Engineering disciplines may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
Working Conditions: 8 hour day office environment
Physical Requirements: None
Employment Type: Exempt
Federal Data Systems, LLC offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Federal Data Systems, LLC (FEDDATA) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. That does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.