Job Title: Principal System Engineer
Location: Fort Meade, MD
Required Security Clearance: TS//SCI with Polygraph
Required Certifications: No certifications are required for this position.
Required Education: No degree is required for this position.
Required Experience: Fifteen (15) + years of experience in systems, hardware and software engineering performing and providing technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of complex hardware/software systems.
Federal Data Systems is seeking a Principal Systems Engineer with a background working with large analytic cloud repositories to support our Maryland partner. Qualified and accepted candidates will work on-site, supporting System Engineering capabilities and offering for the Gateway.
The System Engineer will:
· Develop concepts of operations.
· Develop system architecture.
· Develop and deploy storage within clustered and cloud environments.
· Developing documentation required to support a program’s technical issues and training situations.
· Manage metadata indexing and summarization, content and metadata mining, visualization and analytics.
· Provide recommended courses of action to end customers.
· Train less experience System Engineers (ranging from Junior to Senior)
· Fifteen (15) years’ experience developing, delivering, testing and supporting integrated hardware and software systems with functional requirements within a CMMI level 2 or NSA Way process structure.
· Ten (10) + years’ experience leading, providing technical supervision, and guiding mid-level engineering personnel; solving varied technical/scientific problems; and generating and reviewing designs for technical accuracy, completeness and appropriateness considering objectives, budget, and schedule.
· Ten (10) years’ experience in developing system performance, availability, scalability, manageability, and security requirements for mid-to-large-scale system/programs.
· Seven (7) years’ experience with Object Oriented and Structured development methodologies, networks, data storage, data modeling, security architectures.
· Seven (7) years’ experience developing solutions integrating and extending COTS/GOTS products.
· Seven (7) years’ experience with system architectures in a service-oriented environment.
· Seven (7) years’ experience using agile or spiral development models.
· Six (6) years demonstrated experience out of the most recent 8 years performing system engineering as a system engineering lead or as a top contributor for production software for one of the following environments: Windows .NET, or, Solaris, or Linux OS.
· Five (5) years’ experience “wrapping” legacy systems or components as Web Services within a SOA framework.
· Experience interacting with agency and IC-GovCloud tools for data ingest, query and visualization.
· Experience working with software and systems teams to design and build web application to provide interactive content to a large user base.
· Experience supporting the needs of the IC community to integrate data using analytic methods.
· Experience with analytic tools and teams to understand, mature, and support IC community needs.
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the work day.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time
Federal Data Systems, LLC offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Federal Data Systems, LLC (FEDDATA) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. That does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.