Job Title: Senior System Engineer
Location: Fort Meade, MD
Required Security Clearance: TS//SCI with Polygraph
Required Certifications: No certifications are required for this position.
Required Education: No degree is required for this position. A technical bachelor’s degree will be considered equivalent to four (4) years of experience. A masters qualifies as six (6) years.
Required Experience: Twelve (12) + years of experience in systems, hardware and software engineering performing and providing technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of complex hardware/software systems.
Federal Data Systems is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer with a background working with large analytic cloud repositories to support our Maryland partner. Qualified and accepted candidates will work on-site, supporting System Engineering capabilities and offering for the Gateway.
The System Engineer will:
· Develop concepts of operations.
· Develop system architecture.
· Develop and deploy storage within clustered and cloud environments.
· Developing documentation required to support a program’s technical issues and training situations.
· Manage metadata indexing and summarization, content and metadata mining, visualization and analytics.
· Provide recommended courses of action to end customers.
· Train less experience System Engineers
· Twelve (12) years’ experience developing, delivering, testing and supporting integrated hardware and software systems with functional requirements within a CMMI level 2 or NSA Way process structure.
o Seven (7) years of experience must have been within the last ten (10) years.
· Two (2) years’ experience working within a SIGINT based environment.
· Seven (7) years’ experience leading, providing technical supervision, and guiding mid-level engineering personnel; solving varied technical/scientific problems; and generating and reviewing designs for technical accuracy, completeness and appropriateness in light of objectives, budget, and schedule, four (4) years of which shall have been on NSA projects.
· Five (5) years’ experience with Object Oriented and Structured development methodologies, networks, data storage, data modeling, data ontologies, security architectures and CASE tool selection and use.
· Five (5) years’ experience integrating COTS and GOTS products from multiple vendors.
· Five (5) years’ experience using agile and/or spiral development models.
· Five (5) years’ experience in developing systems performance, availability, scalability, manageability, and security requirement for mid-to-large scale programs.
· Five (5) years’ experience developing solutions that integrate and extend COTS products.
· Two (2) years’ experience developing and deploying storage within clustered or cloud environments.
· Knowledge and experience with developing distributed storage routing and querying algorithms.
· Experience implementing storage area networks, data warehouses and data marts.
· Experience designing, developing, testing, evaluating, and integrating information systems into SOA or on to ESB architectures.
· Experience in developing documentation required to support a program's technical issues and training situations Experience evaluating project needs, determining tasks and durations and allocating resources.
· Experience implementing solutions with PKI-controlled access.
· Knowledge and experience with internals of HDFS, HADOOP, and/or Google’s BIG TABLE.
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the work day.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time
Federal Data Systems, LLC offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Federal Data Systems, LLC (FEDDATA) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. That does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.