Job Title: Principal Systems Engineer 3
Location: Fort Meade, MD
Required Security Clearance: TS//SCI with Polygraph
Required Certifications: N/A
Required Education: BA/BS Degree in a technical discipline related to the experience requirements as stated herein (such as: Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems).
· Minimum eighteen (18) years experience in technical roles for Government or Industry customers.
· Twelve (12) years experience as a systems, software, or hardware engineer in programs that encompassed systems architecture development, performing requirements analysis, management and control, multiple activities and multiple vendors, large systems engineering efforts totaling more than $15M/year, or management and evaluation of business processes and implementation strategies.
· Minimum three (3) years direct experience with an intelligence community or signals intelligence activity.
· Experience in a broad range of knowledge, including information technology, requirements, architecture development, and functional and systems analysis:Experience in the following areas: Implementing systems providing knowledge / information sharing capabilities including the following disciplines: Systems designs; Integrating COTS products and technologies into cohesive customer capabilities: system production, system integration, system test, transition of systems into operations, web services implementation, web interfaces, J2EE, web portal knowledge.
· Experience in providing technical leadership and direction in supporting the application of sound system engineering concepts.
Federal Data Systems is seeking a Principal Systems Engineer.
Description: Members of our energetic team should be well versed in the following:
· Usage of smart data, entitlements, and elements enabling Attribute-Based Access Control
· Data Management systems enabling security controls and accesses (Vanguard, Gatekeeper, Registry, etc.)
· The services which comprise the IC-GovCloud and their capabilities to the community
· Elements of Data Management (protection, discovery, usage)
· Comfortable discussing, working with and inspecting structured and unstructured data to identify and outline features of potential value to the customer's mission
· Support the development and execution of processes to assist the community in their adoption of ICGC and the Data Centric Management Principles
· Support the IC in their needs for transferring, storing, retrieving, advertising and managing data in the cloud
· Support the deployment of NSA Enterprise technologies to help ease the transition the cloud environment
· Enhance the usability of the ICGC provided services
· Enhance the usability of the ICGC provided services
· Engineer and integrate solutions enabling simplified data sharing between IC agencies
· Assist with solution development to include creating/modifying architecture diagrams, creating detailed execution plans, writing white-papers and creating technical briefs
· Create and maintain integrated master schedules
· Document and communicate the impacts of decisions on the mission, architecture and on development.
· Regularly attend meetings (reviews, technical exchanges, brain storming sessions, etc..) on behalf of leadership and will be required to document meeting outcomes and impacts.
Additional Experience, Responsibilities and Qualifications:
· Experience with the attribute based access control model used to secure and share data in the ICGC
· Understanding of the NSA entitlement management process to include a background in legal, policy, oversight, and compliance activities
· Familiarity with tools such as Gatekeeper, Vanguard, and the Registry
· Understanding of public key infrastructure
· Experience with cloud data ingest including data formatting, transfer, storage, and discovery optimization
· Experience in editing functional descriptions, system specifications, user's manuals, special reports, CONOPS, white papers and other customer deliverables and documents
· Experience gathering, analyzing, and translating technical information into clear, readable documents to be used by technical and non-technical personnel
· Experience preparing and managing complex technical documents, reports, manuals and briefings targeted to a wide range of audiences including senior leadership
· Understanding of NSA enterprise systems to include Content and Event Warehouses, GHOSTMACHINE and associated visualization and query tools
· Experience communicating technical content to non-technical personnel
· Demonstrable experience with systems engineering life-cycle process
· Proficient with word processing and presentation software (MS Word/MS PowerPoint)
· Proficient with data analysis tools (MS Excel)
· Experience with risk analysis and risk mitigation
· Experience with requirements generation and traceability
· Demonstrable experience assessing and documenting level of effort for large engineering and program tasks
· Must be comfortable working with senior government and military technical experts and leaders
· Experience working in a dynamic environment with cross-functional internal and external teams
· See Education and Experience
Preferences: Advanced Degree in a Related Technical Field, i.e., Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, etc.
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the work day.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time
Federal Data Systems, LLC offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Federal Data Systems, LLC (FEDDATA) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. That does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.