Job Title: Senior Pega Developer
Location: Washington, DC
Required Security Clearance: Public Trust ( able to obtain after selection)
Required Certifications: None required
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in technology or the sciences, or industry-equivalent experience required.
Required Experience: 7+ years’ experience in software development experience demonstrating depth of technical understanding with Java, Web Services, or other similar programming languages. 3-5 years of experience with the Pega Platform. Recent experience using the Pega 7 version of the platform.
The Senior Pega Developer will be a part of a dynamic team responsible for designing, building, testing, and implementing enhancements to the system. The developer is expected to work with the functional team to create technical designs, create code to build functionality, test the functionality to ensure that it meets defined criteria, and work with the deployment team to implement the functionality.
The Senior Pega Developer will provide the following:
- Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories.
- Provide recommendations for improving existing code using best practice methods.
- Demonstrate advance understanding of the main features of PEGA.
- Implement integration services using REST, SOAP, and HTTP.
- Ability to create reusable components that can be leveraged across the enterprise for providing top-notch user experience.
- Design or implement complex algorithms requiring adherence to strict timing, system resource or interface constraints; perform quality control through peer review on team products.
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, confer with users or system engineers, analyze systems flow, data usage and work processes, and investigate problem areas.
- 7+ years software development experience demonstrating depth of technical understanding with Java, Web Services, or other similar programming languages.
- Broad experience with various Java development frameworks.
- In depth experience with the main Pega components.
- Experience in implementing successful distributed, scalable, high-performance server applications.
- Proven ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Good communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Good organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills.
- Experience with the Agile development methodology.
- Comfort with SQL based database queries.
· Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS).
· Experience with Documentum document management system.
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the work day.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time
Federal Data Systems, LLC offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Federal Data Systems, LLC (FEDDATA) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. That does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.