Job Title: Senior Systems Engineer
Location: Pentagon, Arlington, VA
Required Security Clearance: Top Secret
Required Certifications: Security+CE
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or other related discipline or a combination of education, training, or certification that provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities may be substituted for the degree.
Required Experience: see Required Qualifications
The Senior Systems Administrator will perform day-to-day operational tasks to ensure the Windows servers and virtual server environment are operating appropriately, are available to support the business needs, and that any operational issues are proactively resolved.
Other routine work includes creation of server configurations and server deployment, operating system and security software upgrades and patching, system documentation, creation of training materials, and responding to escalated end user requests. The individual responsible for assisting in the development of service capacity, availability, and demand management plans for assigned systems and the development of business continuity and disaster recovery plans needed to support the business and process operations.
The Senior Systems Administrator works to ensure systems implemented to support business and operational needs are sustainable through documented change, incident, problem, and service request management processes based upon ITIL best practices. Duties will include monitoring system operations, life-cycle and asset management, vendor coordination, and cooperative participation with customers and partners to promote continuous service improvement.
- Administration of Microsoft Servers (Exchange, SQL Server, SharePoint, Others).
- Extensive Active Directory design and administration and policy enforcement.
- Disaster recovery implementation.
- Supervise, coordinate and/or perform additions and changes to VMWare VSphere environment .and ESXi Hypervisor to include Horizon View.
- Windows 2008R2 & 2012R2 administration and monitoring.
- Multisite VMware, vSphere & vCenter management and administration.
- Multisite SAN/NAS storage administration.
- Planning design, technical review and implementation of enterprise automation and self-service tools.
- 5 years of relevant hands-on system administration experience managing all technical aspects of Active Directory infrastructure, Windows servers (2003, 2008, 2012) and AD governance models for a large, complex, distributed enterprise-level organization, VMware, SAN storage, database systems, MS Exchange.
- Microsoft Server, VMware, EMC certifications strongly considered.
- Proven ability to design, implement, monitor and manage Windows servers in a variety of roles.
- 4 years’ technical experience building and maintaining VMware, vSphere, Horizon View & vCenter environments working with VMware ESX/ESXi technologies using versions 5.x, or 6.x.
- Hands-on experience building and maintaining Windows 2012R2 environments.
- Storage provisioning, management, and backup; ability to assess storage needs and provide solutions; direct experience with EMC Celerra/VNX a plus.
- 4 years of technical experience supporting servers in a multi segmented, routed and firewalled enterprise network using TCP/IP v4.
- 4 years of technical experience implementing and supporting standalone and/or virtual Windows servers (Windows 2003, Windows 2008 R2, Windows 2012.)
- 4 years of technical experience creating design specifications, implementing, and supporting major x86 server hardware manufacturers, direct experience with Nutanix a plus.
- Hands-on experience with SQL Server and/or SharePoint is a plus.
- A solid understanding of implementing hardware infrastructure that includes servers, networking, and storage components (SAN, NAS).
- The candidate must have solid System Administration skills in VMware, Windows and Linux systems.
- Microsoft Powershell, vSphere PowerCLI, or comparable scripting experience preferred.
- Strong communication, written and verbal, analytical and problem-solving skills are a must.
- Candidate must have strong team work qualities with the ability to establish and maintain solid working relationships with peers, customers and management.
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP), Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA) and Cisco Certified Network associate (CCNA) certifications are a plus.
- Strong analytical skills as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated and take ownership of assigned tasks.
- Excellent project management skills and attention to detail.
- Experience using enterprise management and monitoring tools; VMware vCenter Configuration Manager
- Knowledge of and application of ITILv3 Framework methodologies, specifically Service Operations and Continuous Service Improvement.