Job Title: Linux System Administrator, Mid-Level
Location: Hanover, MD
Required Security Clearance: TS//SCI with Polygraph
Required Certifications: No certifications are required for this position.
Required Education: A Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline is required; however, five (5) years of additional experience may be used as a substitute.
Required Experience: Ten (10) years of system administration experience with Linux platforms.
Federal Data Systems is seeking System Administrator with a background in Linux systems to support our Maryland partner as a Linux System Admin. Qualified and accepted candidate will work on-site, providing support for the dispatch system and various hardware problems.
The Linux System Administrator will:
· Provide in-depth experience in troubleshooting IT systems.
· Configure and manage UNIX and Windows operating systems and
· Install and load operating system software – Troubleshoot installation as required.
· Maintain the integrity and configuration of network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance.
· Provide detailed analysis and feedback to agency management and internal customers for escalated tickets
· Ten (10) years of System Admin experience.
· Heavy Linux exposure.
· Experience working with Windows Server 2012 is highly desirable.
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the work day.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time
Federal Data Systems, LLC offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Federal Data Systems, LLC (FEDDATA) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. That does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.