Job Title: Cloud Software Engineer
Location: Fort Meade, MD
Required Security Clearance: TS//SCI with Polygraph
Required Certifications: Hadoop / Cloud Developer Certification
Required Education: No degree is required for this position.
Required Experience: Eight (8) years of cloud software development and engineering experience working with OpenSource products.
Federal Data Systems is seeking a Software Engineer with a background in OpenSource cloud development to support our Maryland partner. Qualified and accepted candidates will work on-site, with a team of software and system engineers to decommission legacy systems and transition them into modernized data warehouse platforms.
The Cloud Software Engineer will:
· Closely coordinate with government and contractor personnel to improve and maintain current systems.
· Provide the end customer with transitional best practices.
· Work with large Hadoop clusters (>200 nodes)
· Repair issues with all aspects of event and content warehouses.
· Eight (8) years’ experience in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution.
· Five (5) years’ experience developing software in Windows or UNIX/Linux operating systems.
· Demonstrated experience working with:
o OpenSource (NoSQL) products,
o Map Reduce programming models and technologies,
o Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS),
o JSON / BSON Serialization
o Object Oriented Software Engineering
o Data drivel analytics,
o Taxonomy construction.
· Experience writing, implementing, and testing scripts.
· Experience with RESTful services
· Experience developing and deploying analytics that discover and exploit social networks.
· Experience documenting ontologies, data models, schemas, formats, data element dictionaries, software application program interfaces and other technical specifications.
· Experience developing and deploying analytics within a heterogeneous schema environment.
· Experience with linguistics (grammar, morphology, concepts).
· Understanding of Big-Data Cloud Scalability (Amazon, Google, Facebook).
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the work day.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time
Federal Data Systems, LLC offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Federal Data Systems, LLC (FEDDATA) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. That does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.