Job Title: Network Engineer 2
Location: Ft. Meade, MD
Required Security Clearance: TS//SCI with Polygraph
• Computer Technology Industry Association - Network + (Network +) or;
• Cisco Certified Network Associate – (CCNA) Routing and Switching
• Cisco Certified Network Associate – (CCNA) Security
• Cisco Certified Network Associate – (CCNA) Video
• Cisco Certified Network Associate – (CCNA) Voice
Required Education: BS in a technical discipline, or 5 years additional experience can be substituted for a degree.
· Conduct network and telecommunications system incident and problem investigation and diagnostics
· Identify and document workaround solutions for network and telecommunications systems inside
· Identify, design, test, deploy, and document solutions for network and telecommunications problems.
· Assess, evaluate, test, and apply operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes; verify and document methods and procedures to apply them.
· Install and configure new network and telecommunications systems hardware and software.
· Design, test, verify, and document network system backup methods and procedures.
· Design, build, integrate, test, document and deploy network and telecommunications systems for deployment
· Create and maintain network and telecommunications systems diagrams and configuration documentation; provide network configuration management support to facilitate maintenance activities.
· Configure, test, install, troubleshoot, and maintain security devices such as firewalls, intrusion detection systems, cryptographic devices, and routers to optimize performance and ensure the desired security posture is attained and maintained.
· Provide monitoring support of accredited network and telecommunications systems for compliance with Certification and Accreditation.
· Configure, test, install, troubleshoot, and maintain VoIP phone systems, including phone units, voicemail, and call manager systems
· Configure, test, install, troubleshoot, and maintain Video Teleconference (VTC) systems and video recording/viewing/distribution systems.
· Configure, test, install, troubleshoot, and maintain Very Small Aperture Terminal (VSAT) TDMA IP-based satellite systems.
· Design, configure, test, install, and implement network solutions to support requirements for routing protocols, policy-based routing, traffic shaping, border gateway protocols, tunneling, IP Security, network address translations, network security, firewall contexts, load
· Conduct Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) session performance analysis and problem isolation.
Federal Data Systems requires a Network Engineer with a background in CISCO, VOIP, VTC, and other network operations. The Network engineer will assist in managing key network functions in a secure facility and maintain, upgrade existing network designs and architectures.
The Network Engineer provides assistance in all aspects of network management from network design through implementation, maintenance, and upgrading of existing networks; Analyzes design, specifications, and related documents; Implements communication system requirements to support the distributed functionality of a software engineering environment; Analyzes network characteristics (e.g. traffic connect time, transmission speeds, packet sizes and throughput), troubleshoots problems and recommends procurement of and/or modifications to network components.
· Ten (10) years’ experience as a Network Engineer in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
· Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
· Five (5) additional years of experience in Network Engineering disciplines may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
Working Conditions: 8 hour day office environment
Physical Requirements: None
Employment Type: Exempt
Federal Data Systems, LLC offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Federal Data Systems, LLC (FEDDATA) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. That does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.