Help Desk Specialist I
Provides Help Desk support as defined by first response/Tier 1 support. Provides phone and in-person support to users in the areas of e-mail, LAN/WAN, directories, standard desktop images and applications, COTS and GOTS applications. Serves as the initial point of contact for troubleshooting all IT related problems, including hardware/software, passwords, and printer problems.
The successful applicant for this position will have the primary duty to apply systems analysis techniques and procedures, including consulting with users, to determine hardware, software or system functional specifications in the course of resolving reported problems or documenting new service requirements. They will exercise judgment and decision making authority on ticket escalations and after hours support for problem resolution. This includes ordering personnel to work during unscheduled hours. This is a rotating shift schedule.
• Develop an understanding of the numerous process flows to other IT systems, create and maintain user accounts
• Create Help Desk tickets in the designated ticket tracking system, provide an initial acknowledgement to the end user validating receipt of the ticket
• If possible resolve ticket, communicate resolution to the end user and obtain customer sign-off before closing ticket. If unable to resolve thoroughly document ticket with actions taken in an attempt to resolve and escalate ticket in accordance with
• Assist users with account creation, accessing and using IT systems
• Update Standard Operating Procedures documents to adapt to new system functionality or configuration changes
• Receive, triage and route tickets to Tier 2 Help Desk according
• Analyze, log and track issue and problem tickets related to Intelink application
• Compile and organize data for monthly status reports
• Provide trend analysis and metrics to the Government based on gather data and monthly status reports
• Provide daily written and oral communications, make recommendations for improving documentation
• Ensure compliance with security procedures for data handling, participate in planning sessions for process improvement
Must be willing to work rotating Shifts, proving 24/7 support.
Active TS/SCI w/Poly (required)
Years of Experience:
One year demonstrated Help Desk experience.
Bachelor’s degree in a Technical, Math or Business discipline from an accredited college or University is required. Two (2) years of Help Desk experience with an Associates or three (3) years experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree.
TS/SCI with Poly
US Citizenship is required.