Job Title: Senior System Administrator / Engineer
Location: Fort Meade, MD
Required Security Clearance: Top Secret, with Polygraph
Required Certifications: No specific certifications are required for this position.
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in technology or the sciences is highly desired, experience in lieu of education.
Required Experience: 10+ years’ experience with installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of LAN, WAN, computer hardware and software.
The Senior System Administrator / Engineer will work as part of a dynamic team of developers, information assurance officers, and system engineers adding new capabilities to the customers’ enclave. Working within the cleared environment, the selected candidate will be a vital asset in the implementation of additional servers while continuing to ensure that existing system are performing well and are secure.
The Senior System Administrator will provide the following:
· Work closely with team Information System Security Officers to ensure adherence to all Agency security policies and requirements.
· Administration and monitor 90 servers within the existing infrastructure.
· Assist with the introduction and administration of 90 additional planned servers.
· 5 years’ experience with equipment specification, setup, problem resolution, network support, and providing assistance to users.
· 5 years’ experience optimizing system operations.
· 5 years’ experience ensuring licensing agreements and system currency.
· System Test knowledge, HTML programming experience to update webpages, Renoir, Analyst notebook
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the work day.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time / Exempt
Federal Data Systems, LLC offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Federal Data Systems, LLC (FEDDATA) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. That does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.