Job Title: Senior Splunk Engineer
Location: Alexandria, VA - Mark Center
Required Clearance: TS/SCI
Required Education: BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other closely related discipline.
- DoD 8570 IAT Level III, CND IS
Description and Responsibilities:
As a Cyber Security Splunk Engineer, you will implement and conduct engineering activities in accordance with the organization's relevant approved processes, technical operations and strategic vision. The position is responsible for the technical management, monitoring, maintenance, and troubleshooting, of enterprise-wide monitoring systems, applications and related infrastructure; ensuring that any issues that may adversely impact the confidentiality, integrity or availability of computing resources are identified, properly alerted and promptly resolved. This engineer position will understand and interpret customer requirements for Splunk implementation for an enterprise solution.
- Designing, engineering, configuring and administering Splunk 6.x content.
- Assisting in the proper operation and performance of Splunk, plug-ins, loggers and connectors.
- Building Splunk reports.
- Developing dashboards with visual metrics for stakeholders.
- Defining strategy and design around data collection, aggregations, and summarization processes.
- Integrating external data sources into Splunk.
- Enforcing best practices related to summarizing and querying data.
- Developing advanced scripts for the manipulation of multiple data repositories to support analyst requirements.
- Partnering with other enterprise teams to support data capture and advanced data analytics and forecasting efforts to support proactive identification of issues.
- Providing recommendations and implement changes to optimize Splunk products in the customer environment.
- Designing the Splunk system solution to meet growth while maintaining a balance between performance, stability, scalability and agility.
- SIEM content management.
- Demonstrated 7+ years knowledge and hands-on experience in security with an emphasis in engineering design, system analytics, operations and maintenance of a variety of security technologies used for security defense areas such as: network, storage/back, platforms (Windows/Linux Servers and desktops).
- 5 years of experience with Splunk, network security, system security, and supporting security information and event management (SIEM).
- Demonstrated experience in the implementation of information engineering projects; systems analysis, design and programming using standard tools and methods.
- Experience developing enterprise strategic implementation of Splunk DoD deployments highly preferred.
- Ability to perform basic scripting tasks with Splunk to automate repeatable processes using Python, Ruby, PowerShell, Perl etc.
- Experience with performing hunt activities in an incident response role.
- Experience with security tools, including Firewall, IDS, Active Directory, Nmap, Burp, Proxy, or Bro.
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the work day.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time / Exempt
Federal Data Systems, LLC offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Federal Data Systems, LLC (FEDDATA) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. That does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law