Job Title: Cyber Security Engineer - Active Defense & Prevention (ADP)
Location: Arlington, VA
Shift: Day Shift
Required Security Clearance: Top Secret
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II (CISSP or CISM is preferred, not required.)
- CEH certification
- CND-A certification
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in technology or the sciences, or industry-equivalent experience required.
Description and Responsibilities:
The ADP Analyst will be responsible for carrying out all of the team’s special projects and evaluating new technologies for potential use. They will also be responsible for the placement, configuration, administration and maintenance of all IDS equipment and will assist Tier 2 and Tier 3 in signature writing and testing. Perform Tier 2 monitoring and analysis when there are no ongoing projects or Infrastructure needs to attend.
The Active Defense & Prevention (ADP) Analyst will provide the following:
- Recognize “known” and possibly suspicious attack traffic patterns
- Tune IDS/ Intrusion Prevention (IPS) Systems
- Write/modify IDS/IPS Signatures
- Define Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) content
- Determine/Recommend New Detection/Prevention Methods/Capabilities
- Install/Configure/Administer Unix/Linux boxes
- Basic understanding of regular expressions
- 6+ years of experience deploying various network defense tools (ie. IDS, IPS, Packet Capture, Flow, Session, SEIM, Proxy, Web Content Filtering, SSL Decryption)
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time
Federal Data Systems, LLC offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Federal Data Systems, LLC (FEDDATA) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. That does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.