Job Title: Cloud Systems Administrator
Location: Fort Meade, MD
Required Security Clearance: TS//SCI with Polygraph
Required Certifications: Hadoop / Cloud Systems Administrator
Required Education: No degree is required for this position.
Required Experience: Five (5) + years of cloud systems administration experience working with large Hadoop clusters and other Apache OpenSource products.
Federal Data Systems is seeking a Cloud Administrator with a background working with large analytic cloud repositories to support our Maryland partner. Qualified and accepted candidates will work on-site, serving as the system administrator for large Hadoop and Accumulo based clusters, troubleshooting and resolving system issues as they arise.
The Cloud Administrator will:
· Provision and sustain network infastructures.
· Work with OpenSource products supporting parallel computation.
· Monitor dataflows and system traffic.
· Work with multiple systems and hardware platforms.
· Assist in the management of network security.
· (2+) years' experience managing and monitoring large Hadoop clusters (>200 nodes).
· (2+) years' experience in the implementation and technical support of multi-platform, multi-system networks, including those composed of CISCO and UNIX or LINUX-based hardware platforms, to encompass diagnosing network performance shortcomings and designing and implementing performance improvements.
· (2+) years' experience implementing network solutions for complex, high performance systems composed of UNIX or LINUX-based hardware platforms.
· (2+) years' experience writing software scripts using scripting languages such as Perl, Python, or Ruby for software automation.
· Demonstrated the ability to work with OpenSource (NoSQL) products that support highly distributed, massively parallel computation needs such as Hbase, CloudBase/Acumulo, Big Table, etc.
· Demonstrated work experience with the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS).
· Demonstrated knowledge of analytical needs and requirements, query syntax, data flows, and traffic manipulation.
· Technical experience and knowledge of peer-to-peer distributed storage networks, peer-to-peer routing and application messaging frameworks.
· Significant experience provisioning and sustaining network infrastructures and have experience developing, operations, and managing networks required to operate in a secure PKI, IPSEC, or VPN enabled environment.
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the work day.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time
Federal Data Systems, LLC offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Federal Data Systems, LLC (FEDDATA) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. That does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.