Job Title: Linux Systems Administrator
Positions: Junior role
Required Clearance: Public Trust, with IRS background check (able to obtain after selection)
Location: Martinsburg, WV (Kearneysville, WV), approximately 20 miles from Winchester, VA and 60 miles from Washington DC. Telework is authorized with local in NVA/DC area with onsite work in Martinsburg, WV a couple days a week.
- Associates Degree or above in Computer Science, IS or Related Degree or work experience in lieu of degree.
- Junior role: 1 to 4 Years Linux Administration experience to include the deployment and maintenance of Linux servers.
- Proactively maintain and develop all Linux infrastructure technology to maintain a 24x7x365 uptime service.
- Engineer systems and provide administration-related solutions for various project and operational needs.
- Maintain best practices for managing systems and services across all environments.
- Fault finding, analysis, and logging of information for reporting performance exceptions.
- Proactively monitor operating system and hardware for performance and capacity planning.
- Provide root-cause analysis for recurring or critical problems.
- Manage, coordinate, and implement software upgrades, patches, hot fixes on servers, workstations, and network hardware.
- Coordination and communication of STIG remediation and monthly security scan results.
- Create and modify scripts or applications to perform tasks.
- Provide input on ways to improve the stability, security, efficiency, and scalability of the environment.
- Collaborate with other teams and team members to develop automation strategies and deployment processes.
- Previous working experience as a Linux Administrator.
- In depth knowledge of Linux: RedHat, CentOS, Debian, etc.
- Experience building Kickstart or FAI configurations.
- Familiarity with Virtual architectures such as: Nutanix or VMWare.
- Understanding of Linux storage management.
- Experience in Shell, Perl, and/or Python scripting.
- Understanding of OSCAP, BigFix, or other remediating tool is a plus.
- Familiarity with infrastructure automation such as: Chef, Puppet, or Ansible is a plus.
- Experience with Red Hat Satellite is a plus.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work under tight deadlines.
- Additional Linux certifications (RHCT, RHCE and LPIC) will be considered an advantage.
- Strong problem solving and communication skills.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- US Citizenship
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the work day.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time / Exempt
Federal Data Systems, LLC offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Federal Data Systems, LLC (FEDDATA) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. That does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law