PULICE CONSTRUCTION, INC
The Finish Blade Operator is responsible for safe and efficient operation of motor grader to finish grade within acceptable tolerances.
- Operate the grader and other heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner
- Operate grade controls to regulate height and angle of the grader blade and lower scarifier to looser packed soil to allow for grading
- Capable of finishing bases to acceptable tolerances either through bluetops or GPS positioning
- Coordinate finish crew, including scrapers, rollers and laborers to safely and efficiently complete tasks
- Notify supervisor and provide initial assessment of mechanical issues
- Demonstrate an understanding of grades and interpret roadway plans and drawings
- Take action to avoid potential hazards and obstructions, such as utility lines, other equipment, other workers, and falling objects.
- Start engines, move throttles, switches, and levers, and depress pedals to operate such stated machines
- Understanding the location and avoiding utilities.
- Monitor operations to ensure that health and safety standards are met.
- Align machines with reference stakes and guidelines or ground or position equipment, following hand signals of other workers.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Must have minimum of 3 years’ experience running, maneuvering, driving, and navigating equipment such as motor grader and other types of heavy equipment.
- Strongly prefer candidates with High School Diploma
- Experience and knowledge of GPS machine control is preferred
- Must be able to communicate with others to convey information effectively.
- Must be accustomed to working outdoors with exposure to all weather conditions
- Must be able to perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials
- Must demonstrate attention to details
- Must be knowledgeable of safety procedures and practices
Pre-employment background check and drug screening required