PULICE CONSTRUCTION, INC.
Heavy civil construction contractor located in Scottsdale Arizona seeking a Payroll Specialist to perform full cycle weekly and bi-weekly multi-state payrolls, in a Union environment.The successful candidate will maintain related records, file tax returns, processes involuntary deductions such as levies, garnishments and child support, is familiar with Davis-Bacon wage decisions and Collective Bargaining Agreements, has a full understanding of year-end processing and W-2 preparation.They will prepare accounting transactions and documents, and prepare special reports for management.
- Processes payroll weekly and bi-weekly for multiple states (currently AZ, CA and TX) using eCMS software (Computer Guidance).
- Reviews payroll documentation for accuracy through audit reports and makes any necessary adjustments. Obtains necessary approvals.
- Prepares and submits multi-state Certified Payrolls.
- Prepares and submits monthly Union reports.
- Prints, sorts, and distributes payroll checks to various offices and departments.
- Works closely with Human Resources and Accounting on all payroll related issues.
- Ensure bi-weekly and weekly payrolls are processed timely and accurate.
- Reviews and computes wages, and corrects errors to ensure the accuracy of earnings. Ensure that all changes to payroll are processed correctly.
- Maintain accurate payroll records and employee files.
- Review and audit master file and pay data entries, YTD totals, and file amendments.
- Will handle all garnishments, levies, child supports and vacation/sick accruals.
- Responds to employee inquiries and requests regarding payroll matters.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Performs other duties and special projects as requested by management, including audit assistance.
- 3+ years’ experience in Payroll
- Union experience a must with good working knowledge of CBA rules and regulations
- Construction industry experience a plus
- Knowledge and experience with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Computer Guidance experience a plus
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Pre-employment background check and drug screening required. Pulice Construction, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer Women/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled