Superintendent I – Concrete work
Location: Elk Grove, California (Sacramento)
Superintendent to manage equipment and subcontractors related to concrete work
- Directly supervises employees in the concrete/structures department
- Confers with and directs supervisory personnel and subcontractors engaged in planning and executing work procedures, interpreting specifications, and coordinating various phases of construction to prevent delays.
- Orders procurement of tools and materials to be delivered at specified times to conform to work schedules.
- Confers with supervisory and engineering personnel and inspectors and suppliers of tools and materials to resolve construction problems and improve construction methods.
- Inspects work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and the adherence to construction schedules.
- Prepares or reviews reports on progress, materials used and costs, and adjusts work schedules as indicated by reports.
- Ensure that the work is performed safely and with quality.
- Ensure that the work is done within the budgeted cost and participate in the Cost control
- Attend coordination and production meetings with the PM to develop activities and amend possible problems related to structures.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Certificate in construction
- Minimum of 5 years experience in similar role
- Minimum of 15 years in Heavy civil construction experience
- Experience with Unions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret contract specifications and technical procedurs
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, foremmen and workers
- Ability to apply common sense understanding in order to deal with problems involving several concrete variables
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office
DRAGADOS USA, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER