Construction Engineer - Electrical
Location: Elk Grove, California (Sacramento,CA)
This role will perform a variety of engineering duties by applying basic engineering techniques and analyses. The Engineer at this level is in a developmental mode, and will be trained under close supervision in the utilization of engineering theories and practices, and gaining exposure to Company procedures. Assignment may be to a structured rotational program which would include experience in analysis, design inspection as well as construction management. Some assignments involve CAE (computer aided engineering)/CAD (computer aided design) applications. Willingness to travel or relocate to supplier, client, or construction site locations is expected.
- Performs various engineering and design assignments requiring the application of basic principles and fundamental theories studied in a four-year university engineering program, and available data in the engineering field.
- Prepares or assists in preparing fundamental engineering computations, material quantity takeoffs, estimates, surveys, and designs.
- Assists in the preparation of detailed requisitions for material purchase, services, and subcontracts.
- Under the guidance of a more senior engineer, assists in reviewing supplier drawing submittals and technical bid analyses.
- Assists in the preparation and issuance of specifications, data sheets, and other construction documents.
- Provides input to CAD Designer/Drafters working on the same project.
- Establish design calculations and plans ensure matching to the guidelines, the code requirements and other regulations.
- Establish and maintain relationships with clients in order to define their needs, explain technical information, concepts or study results.
- Verify and complete request for proposals, estimates and other technical documents.
- Executes additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year college or university in Civil or Mechanical Engineering
- 1-3 years of related work experience
- Knowledge and experience with Scheduling software (i.e. Microsoft Project), Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Requires basic engineering knowledge in civil, or a related field.
- Familiarity with CAD and other PC software packages typically associated with engineering is also required.
- Organizational ability – able to plan, prioritize, organize and monitor activities and projects. Able to work well in a group environment and foster a team approach.
DRAGADOS USA, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER