Job Title: Excavator Operator (Day Shift)
Location: Durham, NC
The Excavator Operator is responsible for operating one or several types of power construction equipment, such as front end loader, roller, bulldozer, or excavator in order to move, excavate, and grade earth, erect structures, or pour concrete or other hard surface pavements.
Take action to avoid potential hazards and obstructions, such as utility lines, other equipment, other workers, and falling objects.
Start engines, move throttles, switches, and levers, and depress pedals to operate such stated machines
Locate underground services, such as pipes and wires, prior to beginning work.
Monitor operations to ensure that health and safety standards are met.
Align machines with reference stakes and guidelines or ground or position equipment, following hand signals of other workers.
Load and move dirt, rocks, equipment, and materials, using trucks, crawler tractors, shovels, graders, or related equipment.
Coordinate machine actions with other activities, positioning or moving loads in response to hand or audio signals from crew members.
Learn and follow safety regulations.
Performs other duties as assigned
- Must have minimum of 3 years experience running, maneuvering, driving, and navigating equipment such as bulldozer, excavators, rollers, and front-end loaders.
- Must have previous Excavator experience
- Strongly prefer candidates with High School Diploma
- Must be able to communicate with others to convey information effectively.
- Must be accustomed to working outdoors with exposure to all weather conditions
- Must be able to perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials
- Must be able to lift at least 25 pounds
- Must demonstrate attention to details
- Must be knowledgeable of safety procedures and practices
DRAGADOS USA, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER