Job Title: DBE Compliance Administrator
Reports to: Procurement Manager & DBE Coordinator
Location: US181 Harbor Bridge Project – Corpus Christi, Texas
This role will focus primarily on DBE compliance of DBE contracts on the US181 Harbor Bridge Project.
- Developing, coordinating and monitoring the implementation of DBE compliance and outreach efforts to the DBE community within the construction industry in the Corpus Christi/ area.
- Developing, coordinating and preforming Commercially Useful Functions (CUF) filed evaluations on DBE subcontractors (all tiers).
- Preparing monthly and quarterly reports on CUF evaluations.
- Organizing, filing, and submitting all CUF documentation from DBE subcontractors for project records in online repository including, but not limited to, certified payroll, equipment lists, pictures, contracts/leases.
- Assist DBE Coordinator with the planning, coordination, delivery and logistics of DBE outreach events.
- Utilizing the Texas Unified Certification Program (TUCP) directory and women, minority and small businesses organizations to identify available DBE firms as the primary source to solicit participation in DBE outreach events.
- Assisting DBE Coordinator with placing advertisements (online, email solicitation, newspapers, or other publications) advising minority communities of opportunities to bid on the identified disciplines of the contract and DBE outreach events and ensuring project records are updated with advertisement date, publishing agency, and copies of advertisements.
- Keeping current with DBE / MBE / WBE minority business best practices, federal regulations, and contractual requirements and representing the company in DBE outreach and commercial networking events and forums in an effort to increase small disadvantaged business participation as requested.
- Assisting DBE Coordinator with any DBE workshops as required in the CDA/Small Business Program; attends DBE meetings and training, as required.
- Interfacing with Engineering, Project Management, Public Information Officers and stakeholders in the development of the proposed project specific DBE / MBE / WBE compliance consistent with contract requirements and the appropriate rules and regulations.
- Monitoring DBE / MBE / WBE contracts for the entire life of the project, including meeting with the Owner, Project Manager, or other stakeholders to review the DBE / MBE / WBE contracts at the project either by personal observation or by review of project documentation to ensure compliance.
- Assisting the DBE Coordinator with DBE bid solicitations which includes, but is not limited to, sending current bid solicitations to all outreach organizations, conducting searches on the TUCP identifying all companies for this scope of work and sending out email blasts/conducting follow up phone calls to all companies.
- Alerting DBE Coordinator of any issues or concerns regarding incomplete or missing DBE documentation, particularly a DBE / MBE / WBE subcontractor agreement, purchase order, and/or service agreement.
- Interfacing with DBE Coordinator and appropriate project and agency personnel to seek their guidance, input, and suggestions regarding DBE / MBE / WBE outreach goals.
- Prepares and presents oral and written reports as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience is preferred, Business Administration, Accounting
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Business, Logistics, or related field.
- General knowledge of construction industry.
- General knowledge of small and/or minority business rules and practices
- Excellent research and investigative skills.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to be flexible and change directions to meet Company needs.
- General knowledge of computer applications: Microsoft Office Suite, other.
DRAGADOS USA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER