Job Title: Field Engineer (Structural)
Reports to: Project Engineer
Location: Houston, TX
The Field Engineer (Structural) will be responsible for assisting the Project Engineer and Segment Engineer in all tasks within the Technical Department regarding design, modifications to current design, survey, cost, schedule, and document control.
- Attends pre-shift meetings.
- Reviews and tracks design packages’ status, generates and follows up with the request for information (RFIs) or field change requests
- Performs quantity take offs for cost estimates, payment applications, and schedule updates
- Inspects field work to verify monthly payment request from subcontractors or to the client
- Generates weekly or monthly reports related to the progress of the project
- Generates permit modifications or close current permits and tracks its status
- Assists the scheduling department
- Assists in the preparation of detailed requisitions for material purchase, services, and subcontracts.
- Assists in the preparation and issuance of specifications, data sheets, and other construction documents.
- Establish and maintain relationships with clients in order to define their needs, explain technical information, concepts or study results.
- Verify and complete request for proposals, estimates and other technical documents.
- Executes additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year college or university in Engineering (or related field)
- 3-5 years of related work experience
- Knowledge of the following:
- Mass concrete pours.
- Collection of metered QC testing.
- Form erection and removal including shoring of caps.
- Post tensioning concrete.
- Installation of deck systems.
- Knowledge and experience with Scheduling software (i.e. Microsoft Project), Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Requires engineering knowledge in civil, or a related field.
- Familiarity with CAD and other PC software packages typically associated with engineering is also required.
- Organizational ability – able to plan, prioritize, organize and monitor activities and projects. Able to work well in a group environment and foster a team approach.
DRAGADOS USA, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER