|# of Openings:||1|
Job Title: Quality Manager
Location: Houston, TX
The Quality Manager will be responsible for the Quality Programs for the project.
• Develop a comprehensive quality program manual.
• Give technical support to the jobsites in quality and environmental issues.
• Participate in planning of construction operations to ensure work meets the requirements.
• Prepare and execute internal quality audits for the different jobsites and branch offices.
• Conduct follow-up meetings for the quality audits.
• Support during the initial phase of a project to identify the contract requirements of the proposals.
• Take active measures to prevent non-conformances/deficiencies from occurring in the projects.
• Responsible for the quality and environmental requirements during the proposal stage.
• Quality assurance of the proposals prepared in the branch office.
• Prepare quality and environmental monthly reports compiling all the information from the jobsites.
• Ensure quality documentation and required records for the projects and branch office are in place.
• In coordination with the quality representatives of each project, assure that all materials, workmanship and construction are in full compliance with the
• Contract plans and specifications
• Other duties as required.
• A minimum of 10 years’ experience as a Quality, QC Manager, Project Manager, Project Engineer or Construction Manager on similar size and type of construction projects.
• The individual must have at least five years’ experience as a Quality Manager.
• The individual must be familiar with the requirements of EM 385-1-1, and have experience in the areas of hazard identification, safety compliance, and sustainability.
• This individual must have firsthand knowledge of the TXDOT certification requirements of his/her QC Specialists Staff, of all Testing Technicians and QC Inspectors
• In addition to the above experience and education requirements, the Quality Manager must have completed the course entitled "Construction Quality Management (CQM) for Contractors." If the QC Manager does not have a current certification, they must obtain the CQM for Contractors course certification within 90 days of award. This course is periodically offered.
• Experience in meeting TxDOT Standards and Specifications
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills
• Must possess ability to write reports and procedure manuals
• Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results