Job Title: South Tower Erection Superintendent
Division/Department: Dragados Inc.
Reports to: General Superintendent
- Will oversee precast deck segments transport and erection, Cable Stay installation, PT (bars and cables) installation for the Harbor Bridge, Cable Stay Main Span at Corpus Christi in Texas. He will be reporting to the General Superintendent but will work closely with the Site Engineers and others Superintendent: rebar, Formwork and concrete and Subcontractors. Foremen will be reporting to him on a daily basis.
- Coordinates with different departments, Field Engineer and subcontractors involved within the specified segment
- Confers with and directs supervisory personnel and subcontractors engaged in planning and executing work procedures, interpreting specifications, and coordinating various phases of construction to prevent delays
- Ensures compliance with all applicable regulations (i.e. OSHA)
- Ensures construction is in accordance with its defining documents (i.e. plans, standards, Work Methods, etc)
- Generates all necessary reports and directly communicates with clients/subcontractors on project site (ensuring all parties are well informed of the process/production status)
- Will be involved in pre-construction estimates and budgets. As the project progresses, will monitor expenses to ensure that they are meeting budget and Work Plans.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), minimum of five years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with Cable Stay Bridges and PT works will be recommended
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general engineering drawings, Work Plans, technical procedures or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding in order to deal with problems involving several concrete variables
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office