Job Title: Purchasing Agent
Reports to: Operations Manager
Location: California High Speed Rail DFJV CP23
The basic function of the Purchasing Manager is to procure, expedite and schedule deliveries of materials and services to facilitate the needs of the project construction operations.
- Negotiate pricing contracts with subcontractors and suppliers
- Issue purchase orders for procurement and expedition of materials and equipment for jobs
- Research new materials for design and cost savings
- Develop and implement new purchasing strategies to deliver ongoing cost reductions and process simplification
- Maintain relationships with subcontractors and suppliers
- Establish new relationships with subcontractors and suppliers to ensure adequate resources for all projects and to continually improve pricing and quality of work
- Assist in maintaining company quality control program
- Leverage technology, safety measures, and information sharing to increase productivity and profitability
- Manage materials/tools inventory
- Education: Required: High School Graduate minimum
- Experience: Required: Five (8-10) Years Construction Business
- Familiarity with materials commonly used in highway and heavy civil construction.
Applicants must have the following skills and knowledge:
- Ability to accurately describe and assess the status of a construction project and be ready to provide possible solutions when necessary
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate with subcontractors, suppliers and clients
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent problem solving skills and experience with complex transactions with little supervision
- Excellent time management
- Familiarity with local vendors and resources servicing highway and heavy civil construction marketplace is a plus.
The ideal candidate must be personable, professional, detail-oriented with exceptional communication skills, and the ability to negotiate all aspects of services provided by the various vendors/suppliers available to service the project.
DRAGADOS USA, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER