Project Environmental Monitor
|# of Openings:||1|
This role will focus on coordinating and tracking all project environmental compliance requirements as well as performing environment monitoring / inspection. The Environmental Monitor will monitor construction activities for the Environmental Protection Plan, Document findings, and report per project Requirements. The role will require coordination with the project team to identify and implement corrective actions as needed.
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Environmental Science/Engineering, Biology, or related degree.
• At least five (5) years of experience with environmental compliance, preferably on heavy civil projects, preferably on a CGP Risk Level 2 project or project with in-water work, with sensitive biological resources.
• Ability to plan and manage multiple tasks/projects. Sets priorities, establishes milestones and timelines, and seeks best most efficient use of personal time and resources available, ability to handle multiple assignments, responsibilities, or projects by organizing.
• Ability to work well as an integral part of a large project team. Works collaboratively with management and staff alike to meet common goals.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Experience with Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Integrity - Follows ethical industry standards, exhibits honesty and fairness, respects people & property, and takes responsibility for own actions.
• Five (5) years of experience conducting migratory bird nesting surveys and working on projects with similar flora/fauna as found in Kern River Valley
• Qualified Storm Water Practitioner (QSP). Or equivalent, and willing to obtain QSP certification
• HAZWOPER 40
• Coordinate all required environmental monitoring and submittals for the project
• Conduct Storm water Inspections and monitoring as required by CGP and 401 Water Quality Certification. Upload required information to SMARTS and provide to CVRWQCB as required
• Track material waste and diversion (recycling/reuse) for the project and complete required reporting
• Implement Air Quality Control Plan- includes project monitoring (tracking equipment usage and air quality data from on-site monitors (fugitive dust/PM10) and report to EKAPCD
• Monitor construction noise and report data, identify and address exceedances
• Ensure all hazardous materials are identified and handled appropriately
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results