Job Title: Stay Cable Field Engineer (Engineer)
Division/Department: Cable Stay
Reports to: Lead Engineer
Location: Corpus Christi, Texas
Perform a variety of Field Engineering duties in the construction of the Cable Stay Bridge Main Span by applying engineering techniques and analysis. The Engineer at this level is in a developmental mode, being trained under close supervision in the utilization of engineering theories and practices, and gaining exposure to Company procedures.
- Prepare JHA with General Superintendents, check site conditions, identify and raise to people’s attention safety concerns, participate with DRA's
- Perform Quality inspection for their scopes of work, notifications to Quality Department, direct involvement with identifying and closing out NCE's and NCR's for their scope, maintain quality file for their scope, develop RAM and submit to section quality lead. Hold Point Notifications
- Assist foreman and superintendents with daily work tasks, needs, concrete, rebar, formwork, material needs, survey requests etc. Field Engineer is expected to be 2 weeks ahead of the work
- Produce supporting information necessary for RFI's, Submittals, Change Orders etc.
- Have knowledge of Specs & TP's for their specific tasks. Acknowledgement of work that is Extra / outside of the contract with the client.
- Assist with developing the work plan. While in construction the f.e. shall be responsible for tracking time, quantities, and productions off of the work plan. Communicating this information with the team.
- Have knowledge of subcontracts with their specific tasks - notify lead engineer/general superintendent of potential change orders, claims etc. Be aware of work that is considered outside of the contract.
- Continuous communication with Foremen, other Field Engineers, Superintendents, Lead Engineer, Department Manager and Quality.
- Identification and sharing of Risk and Opportunity related to their work, the subcontractors they are overseeing and anything related to quality.
- Perform Administrative Duties for their department - daily reports, monthly reports, timecards, progress photos, material receivers, timecards, invoices and as further clarified by lead engineer / department manager.
- Collaborate with foreman, superintendent to develop SIS.
- Develop RFQ's, White papers and coordinate procurement needs as required.
- Perform Administrative Duties for their department
- Review Timecards for Accuracy - Cost Codes, Quantities - make adjustments as needed.
- Track Material Deliveries and all Quantities related to scope.
- Create lift plans - collaborate with superintendents and lead engineer as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year college or university in Engineering (or related field)
- 4-year degree in Civil Engineering (or related field).
- 0-3 years of related work experience.
- Desire to work in a field environment with client personnel, and construction crews.
- Requires basic engineering knowledge in civil, or a related field.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Familiarity with CAD and other PC software packages typically associated with engineering is also required (Excel, Ms Project).
DRAGADOS USA, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER