Our team, Dragados USA, Inc. and Flatiron West, Inc. collectively known as DFJV, brings the necessary HSR experience to successfully complete the California High-Speed Rail Construction Package 2-3 Project. The California High-Speed Rail Authority (Authority) is responsible for the planning, design, construction and operation of the first high-speed rail system in the nation. The California High-Speed Rail System will connect the mega-regions of the State, contribute to economic development and a cleaner environment, create jobs and preserve agricultural and protected lands.
Construction Package 2-3 is a 65.5-mile route located within the counties of Fresno, Tulare, and Kings and the cities of Hanford, Corcoran and Allensworth. The Project calls for construction of a grade separated railway for a high speed train, relocation of existing BNSF and UPRR tracks, crossing of existing BNSF railroad tracks, construction of waterway and wildlife crossings, and roadway reconstructions, relocations, and closure as well as over a thousand utility relocations.
The almost $1.5 billion design-build contract will bring thousands of jobs to the Central Valley. The route will also provide environmental benefits, relieve roadway congestion, grade separate numerous railroad crossings and spur economic development.
Title: GIS Specialist
- Knowledge of and ability to assess spatial and non-spatial data, database models and client needs to develop data management solutions.
- Experience with creating and editing GIS data, and designing and maintaining GIS databases and other database formats, such as Microsoft Access.
- Ability to work under supervision and be self-directed when needed.
- Exhibit initiative, responsibility, flexibility, and leadership (willing to train, mentor and lead others, and be open to coaching and feedback).
- Ability to reduce complex data management challenges to useful workflows, processes and methods in verbal and written communication.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new skills and abilities in database technologies, data modeling, arcpy scripting and coding as needed.
- Expanded knowledge of GIS best practices and methodology for file management.
- Experience with team situations, working independently, and fast-paced, high turnaround project environments.
- Experience with Model Builder, Python scripting and automation techniques to complete spatial analysis tasks.
- Experience creating reports with Report Wizard.
- Successful experience Converting Excel to and from Geodatabase tables.
- Experience with CAD to GIS conversions using FME, MicroStation/AutoCAD.
- Experience with Spatial Analyst extension and advanced Linear Referencing.
- Experience with Google Earth Pro, ArcGIS server and/or publishing via flex viewer web map.
- Experience extracting and joining attribute information from Google kml/kmz data-sets
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year college or university preferred
- Five to seven years of experience
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office and ArcGIS software and extensions.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills, including active listening.
- Must have a good understanding of GIS best practices for collecting, managing, and sharing data.
- Ability to effectively and accurately report and visualize information.
- Knowledge of environmental regulations such as federal and state endangered species acts, California Environmental Quality Act, Clean Water Act, etc.
- Previous GIS work experience with a biological consulting firm or agency, including geospatial analysis in support of biological permitting a plus
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems and make decisions.
- Possession of a valid state-issued driver’s license (or ability to obtain a license) is required.
DRAGADOS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER