Location: Selma, California
Project: High Speed Rail
Superintendent to manage equipment and subcontractors related to California High Speed Rail, Project CP 2-3 in Selma, California.
- Directly supervises employees in the CP 2-3 Crews Department for Structures, Grading and Earthworks.
- Confers with and directs supervisory personnel and subcontractors engaged in planning and executing work procedures, interpreting specifications, and coordinating various phases of construction to prevent delays.
- Orders procurement of tools and materials to be delivered at specified times to conform to work schedules.
- Confers with supervisory and engineering personnel and inspectors and suppliers of tools and materials to resolve construction problems and improve construction methods.
- Inspects work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and the adherence to construction schedules.
- Prepares or reviews reports on progress, materials used and costs, and adjusts work schedules as indicated by reports.
- Directs workers concerned with major maintenance or reconditioning projects for existing installations
- Cost control
- Attend coordination and production meetings with the PM to develop activities and amend possible problems related to structures.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required, associates’ degree preferred
- Certificate in construction
- Minimum of 8 years experience in similar role
- previous construction experience in structures and/or earthworks or grading
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding in order to deal with problems involving several concrete variables
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office and related software.
DRAGADOS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER