Our team, Dragados USA, Inc. and Flatiron West, Inc. collectively known as DFJV, brings the necessary HSR experience to successfully complete the California High-Speed Rail Construction Package 2-3 Project. The California High-Speed Rail Authority (Authority) is responsible for the planning, design, construction and operation of the first high-speed rail system in the nation. The California High-Speed Rail System will connect the mega-regions of the State, contribute to economic development and a cleaner environment, create jobs and preserve agricultural and protected lands.
Construction Package 2-3 is a 65.5-mile route located within the counties of Fresno, Tulare, and Kings and the cities of Hanford, Corcoran and Allensworth. The Project calls for construction of a grade separated railway for a high speed train, relocation of existing BNSF and UPRR tracks, crossing of existing BNSF railroad tracks, construction of waterway and wildlife crossings, and roadway reconstructions, relocations, and closure as well as over a thousand utility relocations.
The almost $1.5 billion design-build contract will bring thousands of jobs to the Central Valley. The route will also provide environmental benefits, relieve roadway congestion, grade separate numerous railroad crossings and spur economic development.
Position: Public Information Manager
- Maintaining, improving and building positive public involvement for the CHSR Project through community connectivity and media outreach
- Helps to establish and maintain a consistent project image throughout all internal communication materials.
- Collaborates with the business to develop internal and external communications.
- Meets with the client and team members to gather input and information as needed
- Serve as the Project communications gatekeeper for media inquiries
- Represents the organization in various community and related industry organizations
- Assist with the development of communications initiatives
- Assist Managers in writing and editing fact sheets, press releases and other communications materials
- Researches and develops copy for all types of communication projects including but not limited to articles, intranet copy, and internal communication materials
- Manage project-wide communications
- Coordinating all public involvement issues and work that arises within the geographical confines of CP 2-3
- Providing regular reports on Project progress and milestones
- Providing clear mechanism for community outreach and responsiveness to Project related concerns mitigating construction impacts for all involved parties
- Prefer Bachelor’s degree(s) in: Public Relations, Public Affairs, Journalism, Media
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook & Word
- Ability to interact with various levels of management
- Ability to work independently and to exercise good judgment
- Ability to support multiple project stakeholders and the client
- Ability to socialize ideas, make recommendations and gather team consensus to move forward
- Strong writing skills including business writing
- Strong language/grammar skills
- Must have strong business and public relations acumen
- Must possess ability to accomplish multiple tasks within strict time requirements while maintaining a high degree of accuracy
- Must remain flexible and organized in a fast paced environment
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- High commitment to quality and process improvement
DRAGADOS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER