The Senior Accountant is responsible for assigned duties to ensure timely and accurate recording and reporting of financial information as well as review and processing of subcontract payments.
- Prepare and maintain records of fixed assets, depreciation, prepaid insurance, and monthly accruals.
- Works closely with cost engineers to ensure accurate job cost coding of subcontract invoices and change orders.
- Review subcontractor payment applications for accuracy – route and process for payment.
- Track and review documents required by subcontract prior to subcontract payment release
- Working knowledge of construction industry sales tax rules, bond claims, lien waivers & insurance-
- Prepare vendor status reports, cash requirements lists and assist with cash flow forecasts
- Perform job cost transfers as necessary
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly business taxes / B&O and Sales & Use Tax returns
- Assist in the preparation of monthly financial statements; partial and consolidated
- Assist during mid-year and annual audits
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations
- Assist in the month-end general ledger closing and distribution of monthly and quarterly financial statements/analyses to the Corporate Finance Team.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Minimum of (7) years of Accounting experience
- One (1) or more years Construction Industry experience required
- Strong computer skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and familiarity with ERP systems
- Ability to multi-task and work in high pressure environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to follow through on commitments and projects
- Strong planning and organizational